Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hawaiian ghost story

My parents told me many stories when i was young. They would tell me a wide array of stories that went from nice peaceful ones about love, and spooky ones that were made to make me have nightmares. My dad would often tell me the scary ones and turn the lights off in my room because he wanted to make me more scared. And oh boy was he good at it. He would always make me have to sleep with them in their room because i would get scared of being alone after that by myself in fear of a ghost or something coming and getting me with all the scary stories that he told me. One ghost story that my parents told me when i was small was the story about the ghostly woman that would appear in the bathroom of the old drive inn in waialae. Supposedly what happens is women who use the bathroom walk up to the sink to wash their hands, and when they look in the mirror they see a reflection of a woman, and when they look behind them to see if she is still there, shes just gone. She vanishes without making any sounds or disturbance at all. She wouldn't appear all the time. Most people never even got to see her in the reflection of the mirror. If you did... you were sure in for a scare. The old drive inn has been replaced with a storage facility and no one has seen the ghostly woman since they put the storage facility up. Thats just one of the ghost stories that my parents told me when i was small.

No comments: