Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Family Story

One of the family stories that my dad has told me when i was growing up was the story about his maid letting him burn his hand.

It started off with his maid making him some dinner one day and he was walking around the kitchen, and the stove was on. The stove was on max heat since she was trying to cook dinner, and the burners were all bright red since they were so hot. My dad walked around to the other side of the kitchen to where the stove was and looked at it for a second. At this point in his life he didn't know how to tell the difference between things that were hot or cold yet, so when he saw the burners glowing bright red he didn't that that meant that they were extremely hot. So the maid looked over and saw him reaching his hand out to touch the burners and then my dad looked at her, and she didn't stop him from touching them. She just stood there and watched. After my dad put his hand on the burner and burned the heck out of his hand she said, "Now you know not to touch things that are hot."

That maid was immidiately fired after that because my dad had to go to the hospital to treat his wounds. But thats also how he ended up teaching me, but he didn't let me touch the stove, he just let me get close and feel the heat. But this was one of the stories. It's basically how my dad and I learned to tell the difference between hot and cold.

Moral of the story... DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING THATS GLOWING RED... unless its a flashlight or a glow stick.

THE END

No comments: