Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Flatworld Reflection

1. The best things that I liked about the project was that we were able to have multiple people read over our work. When this happened I was able to get tons of feedback to make my story better. The other part that i liked about this was that it was on the computer. I have realized that when my writing is on the computer it is defanitely better because i can get things done faster and easier.

2. The thing that I liked the least was that we had to revise the story almost every night. It just got so repetitive reading the story, that i soon did not notice mistakes anymore because it was so routine, that instead of actually reading it, i would just memorize it and start reading it by memory and not what was on the actual page. That was pretty much the only thing that I did not like about it.

3. I learned that different schools have different styles of writing, and definitely vocabulary. I noticed that the writing level between schools was very apparent because one school would have students who were not very good, and the other would have students that wrote excellent long thoughtful stories.

4. I think that the project affected my writing a lot since i was able to get all the feedback on what other people thought of my story. And since I knew what other people thought of it, i was able to change the parts that people did not like, and make the parts that they did like even better. So I think that this project greatly affected my writing in a more than beneficiary way.

5. One of the most challenging parts of this project was trying to figure out who was supposed to be giving you feedback, and then making sure they did it. I had a few times where my person did not give me feedback. So i would always have to put their name on the wall, and then have to get it from them. It was all just a big hassle. In the end though, everything worked out.

6. If i had to give advice to someone, it would be to always stay on top of what you had to do. Make sure that you got done early so you would have lots of time to focus on your essay. And go through it many times, keep reading it and looking at words that you think could be exchanged for bigger, and better words. I would also say that when giving advice, leaving a little bit of what you thought, or a little something that wasn't on the revision sheets that Mr. watson provided, is always a good thing because it just lets you say that last little bit that was on your mind.

7. I dont really have anything else other to say than, this project was great, I definitely think that we should do more, and this was very helpful for me. It not only helped my writing to be a little bit better, but it let me interact on a global level, which i would have not been able to do otherwise without having done this project.

1 comment:

CB said...

Uncle George, thanks for the excellent feedback.

We'll be looking at it to make improvements for the "next generation." Thanks for being part of the first one :)

Mr. B.